Saturday, October 27, 2007

Buckinham Stinsons Family Tree Posted on Ancestry.com


Ancestry.com, the most popular family history site on the Web, allows subscribers to post their family trees online. Last week I took advantage of their service and posted my entire family tree for the Buckingham Stinsons. I use Legacy Family Tree 6.0 to store all my family history information and Ancestry.com allowed me to do a quick "upload" of my Legacy file. Within a minute the Buckingham Stinsons tree was on the Web. Click the "My Stinson Tree" link under Stinson History Online on the left.

I chose to begin the tree with my father, Aubrey Stinson, (that's his baby picture) but you can view any of his siblings and work your way back to any of his ancestors. The Maxey, Guerrant, Norvell, Hudgins, Sweeney and Stinson lines are traced back to their start in the Virginia Colony.

Please let me know if you have difficulty navigating through the site. I'm told that non-subscribers have full access to view the tree.

If you have information that you'd like to add, please send me an e-mail message or post a comment. Let me know if the information is documented or not.

FOLLOW UP to last week's post: I received a letter from Mr. Johnson letting me know that he got his information that Jane Stinson's maiden name was Spencer from Mrs. Nancy Collins in Bethesda, Maryland. I'll write Mrs. Collins next week.

No comments: